- February came and went so fast! Just like those crazy temperatures! Hopefully we are on a warming trend!
- Report Cards went home last month – I was very impressed with the growth made by all students. Pease feel free to contact your child’s teacher if any concerns arise.
- The school district’s dentist visited Pocasset this month to do his annual screening. Children were seen for a quick check up. All students were all smiles!!
- The SNOWFLAKE BALL was AMAZING!! The students looked so beautiful and handsome all dressed up escorting their “special” someone to a fun filled evening of dancing and photo booth fun. Thank you to the PTO, Newport Propane and Newport Tent Company for sponsoring this magical night for our students.
- Our Extended Learning Program began the last week for February. Students attend after school sessions to receive extra support in reading, math and STEM.
- CORE Arts program began Feb 28th! Students in grades K-4 involves with this after school program are experiencing multiple aspects of the art world.
**Just a reminder that morning arrival is a DROP OFF process- please allow your students to exit the vehicle on the SIDEWALK side only. We ask that ALL vehicles in between the main door and the gym door release their students onto the sidewalk so traffic can keep moving – Please DO NOT get out of your vehicle –we need to keep this traffic moving.
With the winter weather upon us PLEASE make sure the main office has up-to-date home and cell phone numbers and email addresses as cancellations and important school information will be sent via our automated notification system. This system allows us to share the most recent information/cancellations with all families quickly and ensure all students are safe.
© ABSENCES- Parents are requested to notify the school when their child will be absent due to illness, appointment, etc. All families that do not call the school to report an absence will now receive a ROBO-Call from the district to alert them of a child’s absence.
COLD WEATHER ALERT!!
Cold weather has arrived! Please be sure that your child comes to school dressed appropriately. The students will go outside for recess and physical education as long as the temperature, wind chill and surfaces are within a safe range. It's recommended that your child wear a warm coat, gloves, hat and scarf or neck warmer.
*SchoolMessenger- ALL important information is now shared via robo-calls and emails.* If you miss a call please check your messages and email for these important announcements!!
School Day- The school day begins promptly at 8:50am each morning and ends at 3:10pm. All students need to be in school every day, all day to ensure maximum learning. Students missing more than 10% of the school year to date or are consistently tardy/dismissed will receive a Truancy Letter and referred to the School Resource Officer.