TIVERTON SCHOOL DEPARTMENT
100 NORTH BRAYTON ROAD (rear)
TIVERTON, RHODE ISLAND 02878
__________ 2016-2017 SCHOOL REGISTRATION ________
Registration for new students entering the Tiverton Public Schools for the 2016-2017 school year will begin Monday, April 11, 2016. Registration is open to residents of Tiverton with children who will reach age five on or before September 1, 2016 as well as resident families planning to transfer children into the public school system.
Applications to register are available for parents and guardians now. You can download the application at www.tivertonschools.org. Hard copies can be picked up at the Administration Office, 100 North Brayton Road (door #18 at the rear of the high school.)
Once you have completed the entire registration packet, please call 401-624-8475 x209 to schedule an appointment to review the forms and required documentation in person with a member of our staff. Parent/guardians must be present for the appointment and provide their photo ID, the student’s original birth certificate, immunization records and two forms of proof of residency for copying, as well as all the completed registration forms. Your original documents will be returned to you.
Immunization records must be submitted before pupils are admitted to school.
Regulations require that Kindergarteners have the immunizations listed below:
1. DTaP - 5 doses, with the last dose given after the fourth birthday
2. Poliomyelitis - 4 doses, with the last dose given after the fourth birthday
3. Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) - 2 doses, first dose after the first birthday, second dose after the fourth birthday
4. Hib (Haemophilus influenza type b) vaccine – 3 doses
5. Hepatitis B Vaccine: 3 doses
6. Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccine- 2 doses
7. Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine -4 doses
8. Evidence of lead screening per our state guidelines
9. Record of a recent physical exam (including a vision examination)
10. Record of a dental examination
Additional vaccinations are required for students entering 7th & 12th grades.
For more information, contact the Rhode Island Department of Health: http://www.health.ri.gov/immunization/for/schools
The school department will provide a free developmental screening for each incoming Kindergartner by appointment during the final week in May. Once your child’s complete registration is submitted, this appointment will be scheduled.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CALL 401-624-8475 and select option 5
or email Ms. Amy Donnelly Roche, Assistant Superintendent: email@example.com
Click here to download a registration packet.